An extensive package of tests before the procedure
Individually tailored to the patient’s needs
Care of experienced medical staff
Quick and painless treatment
Implant support with the modern VERION system
A wide selection of specialized intraocular lenses
The most common symptoms of cataract
- Progressive deterioration of visual acuity
- Advancement of myopia
- Advancement of anisometropia
- Fast developing eye fatigue
- Blurred vision
- Distorted vision or diplopia
- Problems with distance assessment and moving around
- Sensitivity to bright light
- Disturbed colour vision
- Problems with eyeglasses fitting
In case of developing vision problems, it is essential to consult an ophthalmologist. Cataract can be easily recognized and it does not require any complicated examinations. It will be enough to examine the anterior segment of the eye in a slit lamp. It enables to assess a degree and type of lens opacity. A doctor may also perform eye fundus examination which will exclude presence of the lesions causing an irreversible reduction of visual acuity such as macular degeneration, optic nerve atrophy, retinal detachment.
The qualifying examination includes the following package of tests:
- Medical history
- Corneal topography (IOL Premium)
- Intraocular pressure
- Visus s.c. and c.c.
- Density of endothelial cells
- Application of Tropicamide 1% eye drops according to a doctor’s recommendations
- Optical biometry
- Consultation with a doctor
Types of lenses
Standard lenses are single vision lenses and they provide spherical powers to correct refractive errors i.e. myopia and hyperopia. In case of a standard single vision lens patients must wear additional eyeglasses for reading.
Premium group lenses may be divided into:
- Toric contact lenses – correct astigmatism
- Multifocal lenses – correct presbyopia and eliminate the necessity to use eyeglasses for reading
Both standard and Premium lenses may be additionally provided with:
- aspheric design (reduces spherical aberrations and adverse photooptical phenomena) which improves the contrast vision.
- UV and blue light filter which protects macula from age-related macular degeneration– AMD.